Monday 16 February 2009

Spirit - "Hour Of Everything"

(Some amazing inspirational quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt)



I decided yesterday that i couldn't let it get to me.
The worst thing i can do is show fear.
So i ventured out to the shop with Vez for my mum and nothing happened.
That doesn't mean to say it won't, it's just a small step in gaining confidence to go out in my area.
I guess i figured that worse things could happen in my life and he was just one guy in a gang who would catch hell if anything happened to me.
And i don't just mean from the police.

As for the message, i can choosethe way i see it.
I can see it as a hateful message sent to intimidate and make me feel bad, or i can come up with a more positive meaning for each word and feel better about it.

This is what i did:

mongy - Mongy D (very good MC)
dog - wolf, my fave animal
stealing - stealing sadness away from others to make them happy
whore - music whore, i love music, i cant get enough of it
tramp - lady and the tramp, i always liked the tramp :)
dosser - can mean lazy person, well, tell me something i DON'T know lol i am a libra after all!

Ok so it doesn't change the way she meant it but by changing the way i see it, the thing i see changes.
That's why i have purposefully left it on my bebo.
So she can see that i have seen it and do not care.

Life is too short to get down in the dumps every time someone says something nasty to you.
Jeez, i mean if i had 50p for every time someone said something catty or bitchy about me - i'd be a millionare before Chris Tarrant could make me one.

One woman came up with an amazing way to phrase what i did - Eleanor Roosevelt.
She said, "no-one can make you feel inferior without your consent".
And she's right.
You can choose to feel bad about what someone has said, you can ignore and move on or you can turn it into something positive so that if anyone says it again in the future, you can consider it a compliment.

Anyway, the way i see it is that we didn't steal the dog.
We took care of it and saved it from being run over (which it might have been if left to roam) and if they can't accept that someone did them a good deed without asking for anything in return then that's thier problem.

I also have a book recommendation for all of you - Conversations With God.
At the moment i can't remember who it is by but if you look it up i'm sure you will find it.
It has a blue cover with a lake and greenland on the front.
I found it strangely comforting and enlightening.

I hope you enjoy it too if you decide to read it.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment