Sunday 15 March 2009

Life - "Hour Of The Gaurdian Angel"

Just something i wish to share.
My old family doctor is also a family friend and i hadn't seen him for years yet suddenly the other day he dropped by with £50 for me, calling me his "little daughter" (he'd never had a daughter - only sons) and my mother told him all about me wanting to do forensic science as a career.
He told her that he would arrange for me to have a job as a forensic science solicitor when i left school and that he wanted me to keep my head down and not give up on what i wanted - even if my friends didn't stay with me through it.
He said that if my friends and/or my boyfriend wouldn't support me and encourage me to do what i wanted to do, wouldn't help me to learn what i needed to learn - then i should consider them as not being good enough for me.
He said that piece of advice got him where he was and that it had never failed.
His piece of advice will be invaluable to me and i thank him dearly for it.
He is in his 70s and i believe that he is ill at this point in time and that he might not have long left.
His request was that i should see him before he dies.
I promise myself and him that i will follow his advice, become that [erson he sees me as and fulfill his request.
He is truly my guardian angel.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment